I've felt God speak so many lessons about my role as Jadon's mommy...that I should write them down, not only for myself to learn from, but also with the hope that others may learn from Him as well. Like the many times I've watched Jadon struggle (when he used to cry during tummy time, when he refused to sleep at night for more than an hour, or even now when he's starting to cut teeth), and I've felt the Lord tell me how He's felt the same way watching me struggle. I've learned more about His role as my Father and me as His child. When I cry for Jadon, I'm reminded that He's cried for me as well. It's one of the most beautiful realizations.
Geez, there's just so much...so many lessons...I'll go back and forth, until I catch up from my procrastination over the last five months, but I should sum up our lives today, if possible ;-)
So in a nutshell, life is sooo much easier, when you have a five month old (rather than a five week old)!!! Jadon doesn't have any teeth yet, but they're coming! He started eating solid food after we returned from our trip to WV three weeks ago. To date, he's had rice cereal, avocados, sweet potatoes, bananas, and today he had pears :-) We've struggled through severe constipation, but think we've got a handle on that now. Five month old boy - bananas + any other fruit = good poops and daddy covering his nose with his t-shirt :-)
Jadon can't quite sit up on his own yet, but it's coming very soon. He's at the stage of sitting him up, waiting a few seconds, then yelling "tiiiimbeerr," as he slowly falls to one side. It's okay, he doesn't mind. But what he does absolutely love is his "Jumpin' Johnny." You know, the thing you hang in the doorway? Yeah, he loves it! He was so scared of the toy that's attached to it, at first, but that's all a thing of the past. He's a big boy jumper now!
A few other things: we can ride in the car now! As long as we have a ride with tinted windows ;-) I've learned to breastfeed, while Jadon's in his car seat! I'm pretty much AMAZING! hehe
Oh yeah, and bedtime is down to a science...not an exact science, but we pretty much have it down! Yay! Jamie always bathes Jadon around 8pm, then he gets a book and plays a little more, then a 7 oz. bottle, then a short time in Jumpin' Johnny, then wants mommy to feed him to sleep, which I love (although I complain about it sometimes)...mainly when I'd rather finish a blog first ;-) Off to feed him, I must go...





No comments:
Post a Comment