Thursday, March 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Jamie turned 32 on March 2nd. He's old! ;) We celebrated, first, by going to see Third Day at the House of Blues on Saturday night. It was the very first time that Jamie and I have been anywhere together without Jadon. That's right, we haven't had a date in nine long months!!! I was pretty anxious, before we left, but once we got there, I felt at peace with it. My mom came to spend the night at our house and watch Jadon for us, and she brought Ziggy with her. He and Jadon got along just fine for the 4 1/2 hours we were gone :) Jamie and I enjoyed a meal together at the HOB restaurant, then watched the opening band Need to Breathe who we both really love. They are South Carolina natives and have gotten lots of radio play in the last year or so. One of their songs was even featured in the movie P.S. I Love You! Even though we're not originally from SC, I felt a sense of pride for them. Mac Powell, the lead singer from Third Day, even invited them on stage to sing "God of Wonders" :) Here's a pic of the birthday boy outside of the House of Blues:I just LOVE the artwork at the HOB! There are so many paintings with Biblical scripture and pictures of stories depicted in the Bible. It was almost as if they had staged them for the Third Day concert, but there were way too many for that. I asked Jamie if he noticed them, when we were there in the past. He hadn't either. Then I asked him why he thought the HOB would have so many Christian paintings.

He said, "Well, Blues music has a lot of Christian and spiritual roots."

I said, "Good point. I'm impressed. I hadn't even thought of that."

He smiled and responded, "You're impressed, huh? I'm pretty good, huh? I made it up." He's ridiculous!

What Jamie wanted to do most for his birthday was to go to Charleston, SC and get something to eat at a new restaurant and then go to our favorite Whole Foods Market. We LOVE Whole Foods!!! So yesterday, on Jamie's day off, we headed south with my mom and Jadon. We ate at the Charleston Cafe in Mount Pleasant. It was sooo yummy! They have lots of traditional southern favorites like fried green tomatoes, shrimp & grits, and homemade biscuits :) Jamie ordered the "Oyster Po Boy" sandwich. He said it was the best he ever had! After we ate, we walked around the Towne Centre for a while and bought Jadon some much needed new PJs from Old Navy, then we headed to Whole Foods.

Jadon was such a trooper! He was in a great mood, and made friends with the employees at each place. Our waitress at the restaurant said his face was just so "squishy" :) He's a smiley, friendly little baby ;) Here are a few pics of him yesterday:

Looking for Daddy in the car: And here he is surrounded by the flowers at Whole Foods Market:Yes, he's teething! See that drool! Let me just say to all of you who wonder, yes a nursing baby with teeth will bite you!!! Yikes! We've been in a fierce battle with those top teeth for the last three days. The good news is that the top, left one is already peeking through. Despite the discomfort, Jadon has been really happy. He just seems to struggle at night, before bed time. I have to give him Tylenol, numbing gel and these all natural irritability tablets, just to get him to sleep :/

I have to say, I'm a little bit sad about all of these changes with him...all more evidence of him growing up :( I so want to press pause and keep him just the size he is now...right before he has a mouth full of teeth and starts walking. Toddlerhood is gonna be here way too soon for Mommy! You should see the size of his feet already!

Happy Birthday, my dear James! I am so very thankful that God chose you to be my husband and the daddy to our sweet baby Jadon :) A night at the House of Blues and a day at Whole Foods Market is not nearly enough to say thank you for all that you mean to me, but I can't wait to do it again soon because it is the simple gift of spending time with you that I love the most in life :)

No comments:

*/ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2334/2374750084_ae6b4950c6_o.jpg); margin:0; color:$textcolor; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:$linkcolor; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:$visitedlinkcolor; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:$titlecolor; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:999px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:0px solid $bordercolor; } #header { height: 514px; width: 930px; background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2286/2248013622_00ed1be0e0_o.jpg); color:$pagetitlecolor; } #header h1 { font: $pagetitlefont; color: #800000; font-size: 500%; text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; text-align: left; margin: 0px 0px 0px 50px; max-width: 800px; } #header a { color:$pagetitlecolor; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:$pagetitlecolor; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: $descriptionfont; color: $descriptioncolor; } .ad { margin: 10px; border: 1px solid $bordercolor; text-align: center; color:$pagetitlecolor; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 999px; margin:0 auto; padding:20px; text-align:left; font: $bodyfont; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; margin:0px 10px 0px 0px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/2248023298_b5f68ba8e0_o.jpg); border: 3px solid $bordercolor; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; } .sidebar-wrapper { width: 210px; float: left; margin:0px 10px 0px 0px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/2248023298_b5f68ba8e0_o.jpg); border: 3px solid $bordercolor; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:$headerfont; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:$sidebarcolor; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted $bordercolor; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:$titlecolor; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:$titlecolor; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:$textcolor; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:$sidebarcolor; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: $postfooterfont; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid $bordercolor; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: $sidebarcolor; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: $sidebartextcolor; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted $bordercolor; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin: 0 5px 5px 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid $bordercolor; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: $postfooterfont; color: $sidebarcolor; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: $postfooterfont; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:890px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } /** Page structure tweaks for layout editor wireframe */ body#layout #header { margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; } ]]>