Thursday, September 18, 2008

Week 20: Half-Baked

Tomorrow's the big day! Can I/we believe I only have 135 days to go in this pregnancy??? Jamie and I both think that sounds much better than four months :) Jamie has been hitting the pavement hard for his new job, working his butt off, while I sit here and endure Jadon's wild antics ALL DAY! I need major prayers, before this second baby arrives. Lord help you, little baby, if your big brother doesn't learn to stop throwing things at us, as if he wants us to play fetch! Oh my goodness!

And the final countdown is upon us :) We find out in 15 hours what the sex of this little swimmer is :) Yay! You know, I had no desire to find out Jadon's sex, but it is very different this time. I think it is because I want to know if I can put away the soccer balls and blue baby clothes, or if I need to hit the sale rack at Baby Gap to grab some pink dresses :) Will Jadon have a team mate kicking the ball alongside him, or will he be annoyed that his little sister is doing cheers on the sideline, or better yet playing with her Barbies?

Even though this pregnancy is more than half over, and I can feel the baby moving quite a bit, and clearly my belly is growing, it will all finally seem VERY real tomorrow, when we can give "it" a name. Then I will really start daydreaming about the role this child will play in Jadon's life...not that it will really end up that way, but it's fun to dream about those things (i.e. soccer buddies, high school basketball games on the same team, best friends, etc.). And, yes, I do know that if it is a girl, they can still be great friends...it'll just be different in my mind that's all. Then I will think about Jadon either (1) being the big brother who wants to beat up all of the boys who date his little sister or (2) tattling on her for hanging around the wrong guys. I think I'd prefer to daydream about soccer :/ Not sure I can handle all of the things that come along with pink dresses :/ Maybe I won't have to...I suppose we'll see tomorrow.

A few side notes: Jamie's mom, grandma, and my sister Emily will be thrilled to buy pink dresses! Auntie Em has been waiting to buy Barbies, since Jadon was in the womb. Jamie's mom has been waiting for a little girl since...well, since Jamie was in the womb! And Jamie's Grandma Vicky has rubbed my belly saying, "We want baby girl," for both pregnancies, I suppose for good luck like Buddah(?) Well, not really, but she really did rub my belly and say that.

As for my mom and Wally, they really don't care either way. They got their boy, and I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind a little helper in the kitchen, when she's baking Christmas cookies :) What about me and Jamie? We really are thrilled either way. I'm a little more nervous to have a girl and it would be a more economical (as far as toys and clothes) to have a boy, but I will be very excited to see Jamie's face, if he hears he will have a daughter. I have no doubt he'll be making quite a few stops at the little dresses department, if that ends up being the case, which will make me smile a lot :) :) :)

I wonder what a week 20 craving for carrots and ranch means??? Lord knows I've had an entire bag in the last week and a half! We'll update you all tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

T@R@ said...

can't wait to find out! i am in anxious anticipation ;)

*/ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2334/2374750084_ae6b4950c6_o.jpg); margin:0; color:$textcolor; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:$linkcolor; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:$visitedlinkcolor; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:$titlecolor; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:999px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:0px solid $bordercolor; } #header { height: 514px; width: 930px; background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2286/2248013622_00ed1be0e0_o.jpg); color:$pagetitlecolor; } #header h1 { font: $pagetitlefont; color: #800000; font-size: 500%; text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; text-align: left; margin: 0px 0px 0px 50px; max-width: 800px; } #header a { color:$pagetitlecolor; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:$pagetitlecolor; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: $descriptionfont; color: $descriptioncolor; } .ad { margin: 10px; border: 1px solid $bordercolor; text-align: center; color:$pagetitlecolor; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 999px; margin:0 auto; padding:20px; text-align:left; font: $bodyfont; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; margin:0px 10px 0px 0px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/2248023298_b5f68ba8e0_o.jpg); border: 3px solid $bordercolor; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; } .sidebar-wrapper { width: 210px; float: left; margin:0px 10px 0px 0px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/2248023298_b5f68ba8e0_o.jpg); border: 3px solid $bordercolor; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:$headerfont; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:$sidebarcolor; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted $bordercolor; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:$titlecolor; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:$titlecolor; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:$textcolor; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:$sidebarcolor; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: $postfooterfont; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid $bordercolor; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: $sidebarcolor; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: $sidebartextcolor; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted $bordercolor; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin: 0 5px 5px 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid $bordercolor; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: $postfooterfont; color: $sidebarcolor; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: $postfooterfont; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:890px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } /** Page structure tweaks for layout editor wireframe */ body#layout #header { margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; } ]]>