Macy has clearly grown this week. My belly is much higher and harder than last. If a certain shirt could have hidden the fact that I'm pregnant before, there is NO WAY of concealing it now. Not only has my belly gotten harder, but it has now become harder to sleep comfortably, sit comfortably...well to do most things. If I drop something on the floor, while riding in the car...forget about it! Everything is harder!
So Thanksgiving is coming up this week. I really don't care to have a huge meal with all of the trimmings because, frankly, I don't feel like I have much room in there for anything other than a piece of pumpkin pie with lots of Cool Whip ;) But seriously, all I can think about is getting through the month of December, so I can start really counting down the days, until we get to meet our new little miracle.
Auntie Em is in West Virginia visiting our family there, so it is really just the five of us here in SC, along with my friend Michelle who moved here in June, and she will likely have to work. We're a small brood. All of the work to create a larger family is on me ;) I really do want to have like four or five kids, so our home will be full for holidays. The good news is that Aunt Suzy, Aunt Carla, and Uncle Chris are coming down here for Christmas this year :) It will be the first Christmas in several years, since my mom's side of the family has all been in one place, minus a few, like Uncle Steve in California who has a project at work that won't allow him to make it :(
Both Jamie and I keep saying how weird it feels to not be spending either Thanksgiving or Christmas in California with his equally small family. We have been there for one or the other four out of the last six years. The last time we were there was for Christmas 2006, when I was four months pregnant with Jadon. I can't imagine how or when we'll be able to make the plane ride in the near future with two kids :/ Maybe Macy will travel better than Jadon, and we'll get to make it there next year for Thanksgiving. I also can't really imagine spending Christmas anywhere but out our house, now that we'll have two little ones, and everyone knows that Santa won't be able to find us, if we're not home ;) Seriously though, how could we afford the airline's prices to travel back home with any presents anyway? Maybe both of our families can skip Christmas one year and hop a plane to Hawaii? Ahhh...that sounds fabulous, doesn't it? I'm sure I could technically give Santa directions to Maui...I've heard he's a pretty smart cookie, that Santa Claus ;)
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment