There are tons of words that Jadon says that only Jamie and I can understand, so we have to translate for others. For instance, he says supps for grapes and stah-doos for strawberries, but we always get it. Today? Not so much :/
Jamie was outside doing yard work, and while I was nursing Macy, Jadon and I were looking back through his blog on the lap top (one of his favorite things to do...especially the videos). After looking at it for about 15 minutes, he said he wanted to do "letters," so I pulled up Microsoft Word for him to play around. Then, all of a sudden, he starts telling me, "Socks," and pointing at the computer screen. Socks? Huh?
Jamie was outside doing yard work, and while I was nursing Macy, Jadon and I were looking back through his blog on the lap top (one of his favorite things to do...especially the videos). After looking at it for about 15 minutes, he said he wanted to do "letters," so I pulled up Microsoft Word for him to play around. Then, all of a sudden, he starts telling me, "Socks," and pointing at the computer screen. Socks? Huh?
Then he started crying and getting so upset and frustrated. He kept repeating, "Socks!" I was clueless. I did my best to find a video or picture he may be referring to; maybe the one with him wearing Oscar the Grouch socks??? No such luck :/ So this is what ensued (kind of long, if you want to fast forward to the end and watch him almost puke!?!):
And this was Macy's reaction to the whole thing:
After at least 10 minutes of this, and after passing up every blog entry because, obviously it was not the correct one, he then changes the way he is saying "socks" and says, "steps." Steps??? Huh??? So I go to the blog with the oh-so-annoying Tony Little, a few posts back. You remember---"Gazelle freestyle!" The Gazelle apparently reminds him of steps. Okay, but what about the socks? With tears in his eyes, ready to pass out from the exhaustion of the fit, he watches the 11 second clip over and over, telling me, "Steps," with a very sad and not quite satisfied look on his face.Who knows? I have no idea how or why any of that just happened. All I know is that I then put a Baby Einstein video on in Spanish, and for the first time in his ENTIRE life (seriously), he laid on the floor, head on a pillow, butt in the air, and fell asleep. He slept for almost four hours, and at that point, I woke him up!!!





1 comment:
Good Lord this boy is ridiculously cute!
Post a Comment