This month proved to be no different. I started keeping notes to use for your monthly updates, and just before I began typing this, I looked back over the month of April 2009. Wow! You have REALLY changed this month! Let's do a re-cap and give some updates on our soon-to-be two-year-old...
It is so funny to see the things you are picking up from Mommy and Daddy, when it comes to Macy. Lately you've been carrying around your stuffed animals and patting them on the back. After a few minutes, you'll say, "Durt (aka burp)." You also did the same thing to Gramma a few weeks ago. Haha! Crack me up! You've also tried to teach Macy where her ears are...by putting your Mr. Potato Head ears in hers!
Mommy and Daddy are very proud of your progress with your "sisser." If Macy could talk, I'm sure she'd say the same thing too ;) Speaking of proud, you are quite the climber now at the playground. Daddy and I are both amazed at your willingness to challenge yourself and succeed. What you couldn't do last month is now a piece of cake.I wouldn't say you are fearless...at least when it comes to other kids. I think we've hit the second battle with stranger anxiety (to a degree), though we never really went through the first one you were supposed to hit around 9 months old. For some reason, you're now VERY slow to warm up with other kids. You like to watch other kids, figure them out a bit, before you decide to play around or near them.
You used to LOVE going to the church nursery, but lately have become a bit of a wall flower or lap sitter. You don't cry, but lately we find you on the lap of one of the volunteers, when we pick you up after the service. This past Sunday, when we pulled into the church parking lot, you started saying, "Noo...noo." You were a little clingy, but you went in without crying. You sat on a lady's lap the entire time. She said you said, "Dada," a few times, but seemed content to just sit. This is a far cry from the Jadon they used to see. Not sure what's going on, but I really hope you come out of it.
It kind of makes Mommy sad to think you feel intimidated, so hopefully that's not it. You did the same thing at the pool yesterday for about 30 minutes, then finally warmed up to the idea of playing around the other kids (all little girls). (More pics of that in another post.)
Sort of related to the pool is your tan...my goodness! Just from being at the playground 2-3 times for no more than an hour, look what happened to your feet! Tan lines around your sandals! Must be nice, says the girl who burns, peels, and freckles :/
Other random things that have happened this month:
---you became obsessed with the "Wabbup" or Easter Bunny; you even asked to go into the clubhouse again yesterday at the pool to see him
---you were sick for about a week with a mucousy eye thing. Your eyes were purple underneath and had green stuff draining from them, though the doctor said you were fine. Either way, you got over it and the nightly wake-ups with you crying (not so much fun)
---you have learned to REALLY shoot a basketball, and you're good at it! Seriously, you can stand across the room now and shoot the ball into the hoop. If you don't make it, you say, "Miss!"If you do make it, you say, "Good shot!" Hilarious!
---you've started imitating lots of things people do that you don't really understand just yet. For instance, you must have seen someone open Gramma's bedroom door and toss something onto the bed and then close the door. You now like to open the door, toss a pretend something (kind of like you're doing an abracadabra magic trick thing), then close the door...then repeat the process 5-10 times. We're always standing by laughing...so funny to watch! Yesterday, you were trying to step on the storm door hinge, just like you see Daddy doing to hold the door open, when we're loading/unloading things to/from the car. I'm sure you didn't know what you were really doing, but thought you'd be big like Daddy by doing so ;) You also like to try to imitate Mommy's multi-tasking by pushing Macy's swing with your foot...not the best idea, now is it?
---you got your first, second and third pair of Polliwalks...the blue frogs, the green fish sandals, and the blue dogs with the liner for winter (50% off! whoohoo!). Thanks, Gramma and Grandpa!
---your favorite foods are grilled cheese dipped in tomato soup, nectarines, homemade waffles with berries and yogurt as a dipping sauce, and strawberries ("stawdoos").
---somtimes you will go on and on telling stories. Most of the time, we can only decipher a few words of the 3-5 minute rant, and you only rarely get annoyed by that (thankfully). But I must say your vocabulary is CRAZY these days. You know words like "wetlands," "comet," "planet," and "earth." You can put strings of words together like nothing! The other day in the car, I said to Daddy, "He repeats everything," and the little parrot in the backseat said, "He repeats everything." Oh my!
---you have a few daily meltdowns nearly everyday. They make no sense almost 100% of the time, and your daddy and I do our best to accomodate and/or ignore and move on. Life can be tough, kid! You're adjusting just fine ;)
---you can now count to 20!!! What?!? I only taught you 1-10! How do you know that??? Gramma was so excited to tell me you were counting in her backseat the other day in the car. She said, "He can count to 13!" I told your Daddy, and he said, "I know. He can count to 20. He does it all the time with me." Oh yeah? Well how about someone tell Mommy about this? So now I have witnessed it myself ;) Made me think about all of the things he will learn in school that I won't always know about :( Why? Why do kids have to grow up???
---One of the funniest and most amazing things you have started doing this month is describing things. You tell me all of the time that the giraffe has a "loooong neck." You tell me that you use bread to "make a sandwich," birds "have feathers," and the ocotopus lives "in the ocean!" Crack...me...up!
---you LOVE your ABCs! You can now identify some of your lower case letters. Ummm...who taught you that??? Not me. Not Daddy. Thanks, Brainy Baby! You were running around the house a few weeks ago saying, "O...O...Ocean!" Then you told me that "E" is for "Emily" (which Mommy taught you), but you also said it's for "ears." Thanks again, Brainy Baby!
In a nutshell, this month you've become a little leary of strangers (mostly half-pints like yourself); you've become obsessed with the Easter Bunny and guitars (forgot to mention that); you've learned to love your sisser in more tangible ways (and you're easy about it); you've conquered the playground; you want to be just like Mommy (taking care of sisser) and Daddy (cutting the grass and using big scissors); you still HATE brushing your teeth (to the point of faking needing to go potty to get out of it almost every night?!?); you've been re-introduced to the world of swimming; you've started working on your tan, you went to see the dragon boat races with Gramma and Grandpa (no pics, darn it!); you love you some strawdoos; you have daily emotional breakdowns; you love playing with flashcards and books as much as you like cars, trucks and sidewalk chalk, however, I do think you'd choose any tool or a guitar over any of the above; you talk about your Tatay and Nanay, as if they just live next door...yesterday you were on your play cell phone saying, "Hi, Tatay."
You are awesome, awesome, awesome, and I LOVE you soooo much. I am beyond excited to plan a birthday party for you, even if it small and uneventful. You are my favorite little man in the entire world! If I've said it once, I've said it a million times...I am so very blessed to be your mommy!





No comments:
Post a Comment