1. Have you seen the news? like the national news headlines??? We're on fire here! Thank God the winds shifted several times yesterday, otherwise, we could likely be logging in at the local Red Cross shelter :/


We went to a b-day party for Kaya, who turned three yesterday, and on our way home, we saw the above images. Can you imagine? It was SUPER windy here yesterday. There wasn't a cloud in the sky really, and the sun was shining, but the wind gusts were up to 30mph. I was thankful Macy slept, while we were at the playground for the party, because I had no idea how I would keep my nursing cape from flying up over my head. Over 40 homes lost and 15,000 acres burned overnight, and the fire is still going strong :/
On a lighter note, Kaya is now a big girl three :) Even though she wasn't up to sharing in much birthday fun yesterday, since she has a bit of a cold, we were happy to be there to celebrate with her :) Happy Birthday, Kaya!

2. I have some of the most AMAZING friends ever! Seriously...I LOVE my friends. Sadly, so many of them live far away from me now :( Thankfully, they know how to make me feel thought of, loved, and missed :)
Earlier this week, I was so surprised to get a package in the mail from my sweet friend Tara. How thoughtful of you to send me this and this, Tara! Blessed to have you in my life and to call you my friend :) And can I just say how busy this girl is with MED SCHOOL, work (as a pharmacist), being a wife, and volunteering at church??? Humbled you took the time to do something so kind for me...really!
3. Jamie and I are praying for a newer vehicle. Although his '96 Honda has 238,000 miles on it (!!!) and is only a two door, we really need to trade-in/sell my Malibu.
My '99 Malibu is slowly falling apart. There are so many issues with it, but the main thing we cannot deal with is the broken A/C. Living in the South and having two kids strapped in hot carseats does not make it feasible to deal with it much longer. Oh yeah, that and the fact that two of the windows are forever broken :/
We are VERY thankful to our parents who are always willing to help us in these situations. After working all day everyday, Grandpa Wally was able to fix the brakes, serpentine belt, and water pump this week. Thank you, thank you, thank you! He did charge the A/C, but again, it is hit and miss with it, and replacing it would cost more than the car is worth, so we are praying to find a vehicle that is reliable and can handle the four of us AND the double stroller. Only time will tell. ***Still so very thankful that we do have TWO running vehicles that are PAID FOR :)
4. I LOVE my babies!
5. and my husband :)
6. I miss my mom working closer to home :( Praying she can find a job that will allow her to be home throughout the week! My babies need their Gramma to go to the playground and the pool with them in the evenings!
7. I can't wait to see my in-laws and family from CA in a few months!!! :) We miss you all SOOO much and can't wait for you to meet Macy Bleu and see how much Jadon has grown!
8. I desperately desire some time to myself, away from Macy (yes, I said it). Breastfeeding is so time-consuming and can make you feel like you have no identity outside of being a mommy :/ I need and want to find a better balance in my life. It will make for a better and happier mommy and wife...I just know it! :)
9. Did I mention how much I LOVE my babies??? Cute, cute, cute are they! :)
10. Summer is officially here in SC, and although I'm loving the sunshine, I'm wishing I was in shape and felt like sporting tank tops and sun dresses. I'm way too hard on myself, I know. I just had two kids in two years, but just like Tara, I want my arms to hurt from doing P90X. Need motivation!!!
11. Thankful that Jadon is doing so well around Macy. He's such an awesome big brother, and she just lights up when he is around her :)
12. While I'm sometimes annoyed at the rules of living in a development with an HOA, I'm really thankful that we have a beautiful yard already this year, thanks to the endless hours of work by my sweet husband :) Maybe I'll get some pics of his work soon. It looks great! Thank you, James!
13. Jamie has an opportunity to apply for a paid position at a local church. We would really appreciate your prayers about this, as it would mean leaving our current church, if he would be offered the job.
Okay...that's all for now. More to come with Jadon turning 23 MONTHS (!!!) old in a few days :( I can't believe my baby boy is turning two soon :(
***Thank you again to our family for their support, our friends for their love and kindness, and our God for His constant provision for everything we need :)





1 comment:
I am praying for you guys....for the fire/evacuation situation, for the car and for Jamie's job situation. Also praying that you have at least a little time to yourself to rest and recharge (that's why I sent the gift ;). You are an awesome mommy and wife and you love your family so well. Plus you are beautiful so don't be so hard on yourself! (Although I do the same thing...ha) Love you!
Post a Comment