Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Gosselin Drama

My friend Tara asked me what I thought of the whole 'Jon & Kate' situation, and I had just read a blog that pretty muched summed up how I see things...being a stay-at-home mom and all. I don't have the time or mental energy right now to come up with my own words, so here are another blogger's:

If you are not residing under a rock, you may be aware that Jon & Kate Gosselin ( of Jon & Kate plus 8) are coming under fire in the media. Casting aside any unnatural attempt to be nonjudgmental, let me break it down for you. Jon got busted cheating on his wife. This made me sick. Then I actually heard people blaming Kate for Jon stepping out. This made me mad.

I watch the show. I realize she is controlling and quite rude to Jon. Would I want to hang out with Kate? Maybe not. But ladies, you don't sell out a sister! If being bitchy to your husband when your children are stressing you out is validation to cheat, we're all in trouble. I know I can get quite snappy when I'm feeling a little Mommy'd out. And this lady has EIGHT children----six of whom are the same age!!! I think it's a miracle that she didn't kill Jon long ago. Did anyone else see the episode where he longed for their dating days when she had long blonde hair? Seriously? Where is his head at? Your wife is trying to stay sane while raising 8 young children, you twit! (I'm not sure I like the word "twit", but it felt very unChristianlike to type "bastard".)


Then came the rumors that Kate was having an affair, too. This made me laugh. Mothers who stay at home with young children are not looking for affairs. I'm not sure when I appointed myself spokesperson for all of these women, but here's the deal. Mothers who are with their children 24/7 want to be ALONE. They do not want more demands on their time. I am not suggesting that Kate is above emotionally relying on another man, (since her husband is having second thoughts about this whole family thing), but I'm pretty sure "hooking up" is low on her list. I bet there are days that the woman just wants everybody to go away so that she can take a hot bath and relax. (I need an "Amen" choir.)

Anyway, I am praying for Jon & Kate. That might seem silly to some, because they are celebrities, but I think it's important to remember that they are real people. And there are 8 innocent little victims caught in the crossfire of this very public battle. My heart aches for them.

(Pictured above is Kate G., and a few of her offspring. No Jon pics will be allowed in my blog until I can learn how to photoshop a scarlet letter on his chest.)

2 comments:

T@R@ said...

i've been anxiously awaiting this one ;) i have never watched the show but know you are a big fan so wanted to see what you thought (even via someone else's blog)

Anonymous said...

And what sickens me even more is that Jon is feigning that he did "not cheat on Kate" yet when the filming of the episode took place in Utah where he was helping out the physically challenged to ski, "Deanna" the woman that he has been accused of cheating with was there. That has been verified and photos were even shown as proof. Is Kate caustic? You bet she is. And she definitely needs to have some serious counseling in the area of utilizing Proverbs "a soft answer turneth away wrath". They all need our prayers that rather than allowing this to separate their family it will bring them closer to the One who blessed them.

*/ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2334/2374750084_ae6b4950c6_o.jpg); margin:0; color:$textcolor; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:$linkcolor; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:$visitedlinkcolor; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:$titlecolor; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:999px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:0px solid $bordercolor; } #header { height: 514px; width: 930px; background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2286/2248013622_00ed1be0e0_o.jpg); color:$pagetitlecolor; } #header h1 { font: $pagetitlefont; color: #800000; font-size: 500%; text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; text-align: left; margin: 0px 0px 0px 50px; max-width: 800px; } #header a { color:$pagetitlecolor; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:$pagetitlecolor; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: $descriptionfont; color: $descriptioncolor; } .ad { margin: 10px; border: 1px solid $bordercolor; text-align: center; color:$pagetitlecolor; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 999px; margin:0 auto; padding:20px; text-align:left; font: $bodyfont; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; margin:0px 10px 0px 0px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/2248023298_b5f68ba8e0_o.jpg); border: 3px solid $bordercolor; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; } .sidebar-wrapper { width: 210px; float: left; margin:0px 10px 0px 0px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/2248023298_b5f68ba8e0_o.jpg); border: 3px solid $bordercolor; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:$headerfont; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:$sidebarcolor; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted $bordercolor; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:$titlecolor; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:$titlecolor; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:$textcolor; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:$sidebarcolor; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: $postfooterfont; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid $bordercolor; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: $sidebarcolor; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: $sidebartextcolor; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted $bordercolor; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin: 0 5px 5px 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid $bordercolor; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: $postfooterfont; color: $sidebarcolor; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: $postfooterfont; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:890px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } /** Page structure tweaks for layout editor wireframe */ body#layout #header { margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; } ]]>