Since he is a boy, Mommy had the bright idea to strip him down right in the park. I mean, there was NOWHERE to potty, except behind a tree. Well, he wasn't having it! He started crying and saying "potty" over and over. At the same time, our cell phone started ringing (it was my mom). I'm squatting down, trying my best to console him and tell him it's okay to go ahead and potty. Mackenzie is standing there, thinking Lord knows what. All of the sudden, I hear Jamie tell my mom, "Oh my gosh! Jadon just pooped in the park." THEN, and only then, do I realize the kid just dropped a turd right by my feet...while he was STANDING UP!!! Oh. My. Goodness! Really???
Mind you, it is 90* + 100% humidity. Our 4 month old is so hot and sweaty, we had to strip her down to her diaper. We're ALL hot and sweaty! There is a family of four sitting on a nearby bench watching all of this unfold!!! There is a TURD by my feet for the SECOND time this month!?! And my 2 yr. old is standing in a city park wearing nothing but a shirt!?!
But then, the coolest thing ever happened...I heard a marching band playing, saw a high school dance line doing kicks like the Rockettes, a podium with a mic attached was placed in front of me, a sache was lifted over my head and placed across my chest, a crowd of at least 400 gathered, and the mayor of Motherhood handed me a shiny trophy in the shape of a baby bottle and a certificate to officially welcome me to motherhood :) Yes, ladies and gents, I have officially arrived. You never truly know motherhood, until your kid drops a turd in a park...like a dog.
Turd between legs:
Daddy scooped the poo. Belle was nakey and smiling :)
Fresh(?) and clean and ready to go:
"What's that dog over there doing?"
After we left the park, we got caught in horrific traffic on the bridge for about 45 min. Once we got to Mt. Pleasant, we had to check on a pair of shoes at the Towne Center. After 10 minutes in the store, I look down at Jadon and he's standing on his tippy toes and says, "Potty." OMGsh!!! Again??? The restroom door is locked, so the girl had to get a key and run ahead of us. Man! Jadon had a little accident in the pull-up, then filled the toilet(???)...again??? Really!?! Geesh!
Icing on the cake...only a teeny bit of toilet paper and NO paper towels! Nice, I know. Can I tell you how much I love pottying in public? So we made the best of it, put his shorts back on sans pull-up (clearly) and headed back out to find the rest of our posse who had no idea we had even disappeared. I'm sooo ready to get on the road for home by this time (though, again, the kids were awesome all day...really). Just before we got into the truck, Jadon was standing on the sidewalk, and since he didn't have the bulk from his pull-up, his shorts fell down to his knees, exposing his butt to the world for the SECOND time that day! Time to go home...we were pooped!





No comments:
Post a Comment