I can never predict if I'll have more than one "low" point in my day, maybe there will be several that prove to me how much harder I need to work at this parenting thing, how much more I need to pray for guidance, how much more I long for a break ;) I am certain there will be SEVERAL high points, and hopefully I'll remember them in time to jot them down on a paper or get to a computer in time. My memory is failing me more and more everyday, that's for sure! Nonetheless, this is my daily high/low:
High: Macy peed in the potty! Macy pooped in the potty! Jadon keeps rambling on and on (kind of sounds like some conversation in his "Christmas Hermie" video, and at the end of his rambling, he'll ask, "You know?" Over and over...sooo funny to hear him. Jadon and Jamie played his memory game tonight (different colored squares, turn them over, find the match...you remember it). Jamie says Jadon thinks it's a piece of cake. Impeccable memory! Blows me away.
Low: Whining times 100. Both kids. It's not ongoing. It stops. We play. They whine a little, Macy wants me, Jadon wants Macy to go away (but wants to be on top of her every move at the same time). We eat. Jadon whines that he wants to sit in the high chair, that he wants Macy's cup, etc. We read books, give baths, wipe butts and change diapers, and in between each of these things, there is likely some whining. So they're little, and it's to be expected, but it does not make it any less draining.
P.S. We certainly do not accept whining, and we definitely do make Jadon repeat what it is he wants. So much, in fact, that he just goes straight from whining about something into a rambling of redirection of how to properly say it or behave that he has heard Jamie or me say a million times. It goes a little something like this:
(Macy crawling from kitchen into the living room.)
Jadon (sitting in living room, 10 feet away from Macy): "AAAAAAAAHHH, no sister! Macy can't have cars! AAAAAAHHH! (gathers all cars up as fast as he can, tears start to form, crazy look takes over his face...immediately attempts to pull himself together.) Ahhh, let sister see it. You havetagotta share sister. You havetagotta share. Be nice to sister. Be easy. You love sister..."
Our lives are chaos. We love it 99.9% of everyday :)





No comments:
Post a Comment