Friday, December 14, 2007

First word...mommy wins!

Guess who loves his mommy??? Hehe :-) Last night, while Jamie was carrying Jadon around the house, I heard the best words ever from the next room..."Mamama." Of course, I ran to the other room and asked, "What did he say? Haha!" Then he did it again, "Mama."

I win! I win! I win! ;-) Although I coach Jadon with the words mama, dada, and baba equally, he let it be known who his first choice is. Of course, it's his mama :-) I was his sole source of food for the first 4 1/2 months of life, right? As you can see, he had his I Love Mommy onesie on for the occasion also. Love it!

I think Jadon is starting to cut his top teeth now. He's been unusually fussy the last two days. He's constantly chewing on his hands, and he's been slobbering more than usual too. Poor little guy :-(

Lots of other changes are happening in our family too. My mom will be changing jobs soon. Emily leaves for NYC in a little over two weeks...we're going with my mom to take her there (fun!). Grandpa Wally is out of the country in unknown terrritory...yikes! As for us, we're one step closer to moving into our new home. We met with the home inspector yesterday. All is clear and in good condition. Yay! As soon as we get back from taking Auntie Em to NYC, we'll be able to collect the keys...exciting stuff!

These days, Jamie and I RARELY, if ever, go out to eat. My mom really wanted to try Max and Erma's by our house the other day, so we entertained her with that, knowing Jadon isn't so fond of sitting down for that length of time. I spent some time in the bathroom nursing him, while Jamie took turns walking him around in the Baby Bjorn. My mom sat there trying to learn all of the options on her Blackberry...likely oblivious to the fact that Jamie and I would have much rathered be at home eating or be walking around the mall or outside somewhere with Jadon.

Anywho...Jadon did sit in his first restaurant high chair, while we were there. It only lasted a few minutes...just long enough to take a picture really ;-) Cute as always, says Mama. So here it is:

Guess I should also post a pic of Jadon's first two teeth, before these top ones make an appearance. No more gummy grins :-( Toofers are cute too though :-) And one final pic dedicated to Grandpa Wally who honestly thinks Jadon's mommy will allow him to have a motorcycle for his first birthday...Ha! I did allow him to entertain himself by dressing Jadon in his first racing outfit ;-) I'm thinking a soccer ball is much more appropriate :)Maybe Grandpa can access the Internet wherever in the world he is??? If so, this one's for you, Grandpa...the next Scott Summers perhaps? (notice Gramma in the background taking a pic with her Blackberry...wonder if she's figured out how to email that yet?)
Lots of changes for our family lately, like I said...many of them came without much notice. We'll keep on truckin' through this journey called life ;-)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." --- Jeremiah 29:11

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding..." --- Proverbs 3:5

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jadon, Mommy will always win, but we fight the battles,ha ha, but I will always be here for you to support you in anything that you want to pursue. I hope that you have a passion for adventure that I have but knowing that some adventures will never come to be.You must live life to the fullest for yourself and be there for those you love. I am sure that alot of things scare mommys and thats ok, but my adventures have always provided me with many great friends and lasting memories and that is what I wish for you,,,,I love you Lugnut,,,,,Grampa Wally

Andrea said...

No matter how you word it, Wally, Jadon's NEVER going to be allowed to ride a motorcycle, as long as his mommy is alive! Fahgitaboutit!

P.S. I hear there's a bet going about who Jadon loves more, you or Emily. Neither of you can even feed the poor kid :) Game over...I win, hands down.

Anonymous said...

mommy I didnt know you were playing in our game. we know mommy comes first and then daddy. this game is between emily and I,,,,grandma cant play either.

Just because nature equipped mommmys to have a ready made meal for babies doesnt mean that grandpas cant feed babies something else,,,he can always eat the rest of the atlas.

we will talk about riding things when he gets older,,,,,,,who bettter to theach him than me?

*/ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2334/2374750084_ae6b4950c6_o.jpg); margin:0; color:$textcolor; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:$linkcolor; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:$visitedlinkcolor; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:$titlecolor; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:999px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:0px solid $bordercolor; } #header { height: 514px; width: 930px; background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2286/2248013622_00ed1be0e0_o.jpg); color:$pagetitlecolor; } #header h1 { font: $pagetitlefont; color: #800000; font-size: 500%; text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; text-align: left; margin: 0px 0px 0px 50px; max-width: 800px; } #header a { color:$pagetitlecolor; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:$pagetitlecolor; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: $descriptionfont; color: $descriptioncolor; } .ad { margin: 10px; border: 1px solid $bordercolor; text-align: center; color:$pagetitlecolor; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 999px; margin:0 auto; padding:20px; text-align:left; font: $bodyfont; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; margin:0px 10px 0px 0px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/2248023298_b5f68ba8e0_o.jpg); border: 3px solid $bordercolor; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; } .sidebar-wrapper { width: 210px; float: left; margin:0px 10px 0px 0px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/2248023298_b5f68ba8e0_o.jpg); border: 3px solid $bordercolor; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:$headerfont; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:$sidebarcolor; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted $bordercolor; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:$titlecolor; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:$titlecolor; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:$textcolor; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:$sidebarcolor; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: $postfooterfont; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid $bordercolor; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: $sidebarcolor; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: $sidebartextcolor; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted $bordercolor; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin: 0 5px 5px 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid $bordercolor; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: $postfooterfont; color: $sidebarcolor; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: $postfooterfont; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:890px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } /** Page structure tweaks for layout editor wireframe */ body#layout #header { margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; } ]]>