
(3) He's getting a little temper!!! Uh oh! Everytime we take something away from Jadon that he shouldn't have or re-direct him away from things that could hurt him (i.e. pulling on the curtains or taking his sippy cup, when it is leaking), he bites his own hand!!! Oh my! It is quite funny (for now), but likely won't be, once he's a little older. For now, we don't respond much. We tend to laugh to ourselves and remain patient. At least he's not kicking and screaming in the floor...yet :/ Yesterday, when I positioned myself in the floor, where he couldn't get to the sliding glass door, he got mad and bit my leg through my pants...yikes! I tend to think this might be happening, in part, because of his bottom gums are very sore lately. My mom asked me, "Where in the world did he learn to bit his hand, when he's mad?" I explained to her that Jamie and I both do that out of frustration all of the time...ah sarcasm ;) Do kids really have to have learned all "bad" coping behavior??? C'mon now! Maybe he learned it from his Gramma :P (4) Jadon can fairly easily take up to 10 steps now. He has even been brave enough to let go of the couch and take off on his own without Jamie or me near him. (5) Sign language is going great! Jadon is very attentive, when I sign to him. He attempted 'daddy' yesterday, and loves when I do the sign for ball. (6) Jadon can also drink out of his sippy cup all by himself now...even with just one hand! He can also eat whole crackers by himself (they used to be broken up for him), and he can be trusted with several cheerios at a time without the fear of him stuffing them all in his mouth at once. (7) EVERYTHING deserves a clap and a "yay!" Jadon's obsessed with clapping these days, even at the end of every song Mommy sings to him :)
Jadon has been practicing his soccer skills for hours each day. He LOVES his "soccah ball." He really enjoys watching Mommy and Daddy show off their skills (i.e. bouncing, thowing, and kicking)! Oh how I wish I had caught him on video a few minutes before the clip below was shot. He was giggling so hard, he fell over! Hehe :)
Jadon and I are off to the Big Apple with Gramma this coming Thursday. We're going to see Auntie Em's baptism at her church this Sunday :) And we will get to meet 'Uncle Robert' for the first time too...haha :P I'll have to post from there, in order to keep up with all of the pics we'll have from our trip, so check back sometime this weekend. Our hope is to get Jadon on camera at the 'Today Show' this Friday morning...wouldn't that be so much fun??? I'm thinking Al Roker can hold Jadon, while he's giving weather updates "in your neck of the woods." Matt and Meredith, here we come!





No comments:
Post a Comment