Jadon had his nine month check-up on Tuesday with Dr. Nicol (even though he is 10 1/2months old now!?!). I'm not sure why it took so long to get an appt. this time, but anyway, everything went great, except for Jadon's fear of Nurse Carrie. I swear he remembers her giving him all of his immunization shots. He cries at the sight of that woman, burying his head into Mommy's chest! Trust me, Jadon is no shy kid. He has never shown an ounce of stranger anxiety, but when it comes to Nurse Carrie, he wants no part of it! Here are the stats from today:
Weight: 21 lbs. 9 oz (50th percentile)
Length: 30 inches (75th percentile)
Head Circumference: 18.5 inches (80th percentile)
Jadon also had a hemoglobin test at his appointment. It was 10.2, which Dr. Nicol said was normal, but on the low side of normal, so we'll be adding extra iron to Jadon's diet (i.e. an extra bowel of fortified baby cereal or some spinach). Here's a pic of our little cutie with a Garfield band-aid on his big toe :) He didn't cry at all, when Nurse Carrie stuck him. He just kept playing with the light on Gramma's key chain. It actually took him about 10-15 minutes to realize he even had a band-aid on his toe.
After his appointment, we met Daddy at Starbucks at the Litchfield Resort. It was a beautiful, sunny day, so we took some pics in the courtyard.

In other "firsts" news, Jadon now has two top teeth and nearly four bottom teeth! They're coming like crazy!!! Even though I'm really ready to give up nursing, before summer gets here (especially with all of these teeth!), Jadon's signing "milk" makes me want to hold out a while longer :/ He's getting so much better at signing! He can now do an almost sign for 'drink' (its more like a wave close to his chest, but he only does it in his high chair, when he wants a drink) and he's been caught practicing the sign for 'kitty kitty'. We're working diligently on many others, but those are his favorites. When I came out of a store at the mall the other day, he was in Jamie's arms doing the sign for 'milk'...awe! So cute!
A few other quick updates/firsts: Jadon now tries to say his name, when he sees himself in the mirror. It sort of sounds like 'dada', but there is definitely a difference...something like "dayday". He's absolutely obsessed with watching Elijah out of the sliding doors! I can't keep him away from there! He is also becoming a soccer pro (just like I knew he would). I'll have to post video of it. He spends hours each day rolling the soccer ball around the living room, and he can even pick it up and throw it now. He's gifted, I tell ya ;) Soon he'll be kicking it, especially since he can now take four steps at a time! Next week? Running! Now that my media player is fixed, you can expect more blogs much sooner ;)





No comments:
Post a Comment