Wednesday, May 7, 2008

He's Baaack!

After being gone for 51 hours (not that I was counting), Jadon arrived back home today, safe in the arms of his mommy and daddy :) Were we excited to see him??? Well, I must have looked out the window to the front door nearly 20 times in the 45 minutes I knew it took to get here from my mom's house. I tried to keep myself distracted by sitting on the couch and holding the video camera, waiting to catch the first glimpse of his face, when it lit up with joy from seeing his mommy and daddy for the first time in over two days. Then Jamie yelled, "They're here!" I jumped up and ran out the garage, video camera in hand, only to find him asleep in his car seat, drool spilling onto his chin and shoulder. BUT when he woke up a few minutes later, he gleamed from ear to ear at the sight of us :)

When Jamie got off work on Monday, he called and I told him that Jadon had left to stay at my mom's for two whole nights. He said, "I don't believe you. You're lyin'!" He honestly didn't believe me, until he got home and saw an almost empty living room. I asked him if he was mad, and he said, "I'm not mad...just a little sad. I thought I was gonna get to see the buddy." Then I had a moment of guilt (a very brief moment), before we headed to Market Common. First we stopped at Piggly Wiggly and got some soup, and then headed to Barnes & Noble to just relax and read magazines over a cup of hot java. It was soooo nice to read two entire magazines cover to cover without any interruptions! I haven't done that since I was pregnant, and I used to read pregnancy magazines. I've graduated! I read a Mommy and Baby and Parents magazine ;) T'was quite nice...I got some affirmations and a few chuckles from reading the articles on raising toddlers.

I did have a crying spell in the parking lot of Piggly Wiggly on Friday, but it wasn't over Jadon or breastfeeding or anything of the sort. I will likely blog about this later, but one of my dearest friends was dealt some very difficult news that day, and it made my heart hurt so much :( I've typed and backspaced many times already, so that must mean I'll have to save this part for another time. I just ask that any of you who read this please pray for peace and strength (both emotional and physical) for my friend. It is just one of those inevitable parts of life that makes you question God, your future, etc. I just want her to know she is loved and cared for and that the Lord, I know she loves, is watching over her. I LOVE you, Blondie ;)

Ahhh Tuesday...Tuesday morning Jamie slept in until 10am! That, ladies and gentlemen, is unheard of around this house! Soon after, we got ready and headed to a movie!!! Yay! A movie! We saw the movie "Baby Mama" with Tina Fey, and I LOVED it! It was cute, funny, happy, and filled with babies and the idea of motherhood. Good choice, James :) Can you believe they gave us FREE coupons for Starbucks lattes, when we got our tickets??? How awesome is that???

Jamie in front of the new cinemas at Market Common:

He got his favorite movie popcorn:Enjoying lattes by the fountain, under a gazebo, while sitting in rocking chairs! Love it!!!

I desperately needed sunglasses, but my new contacts haven't gotten here yet :/

After walking around, enjoying the sunshine for a while, we went to Toys-R-Us to look at gifts for Jadon's big first birthday :) We've definitely decided on a few things, and cannot wait to let him play and get dirty at his party! Once toy browsing was over, we went to Ross and got a new curtain rod for Jadon's room (I swear we're gonna finish that room before he's two! Right, Grandpa???), and then we went to get a very late lunch/early dinner at Abuelo's. I enjoyed the Mahi Mahi, and Jamie had the uh...like super enchilada platter. It was yummy and so nice to have a sit down meal with my husband!Tuesday night we didn't do too much, other than get the chair rail for Jadon's room painted, and honestly went to bed so early...like before midnight! We're truly getting old...parents of a toddler need their rest, whether he's here or not!

Wednesday morning we checked out a place nearby for our friend Michelle (they'll likely be a later blog about this subject too). Then we showered, cleaned the house, did some yard work, and anxiously awaited Jadon's arrival. So we've all learned that Jamie and I are very boring, to be honest, right? It's the simple things we enjoy these days...time...that's it...time together...and time with our family. I don't care what we do or where we are, as long as we're together :)

As soon as I have the pics my mom and Wally took of Jadon, I'll post some of them. I hear he had quite an adventurous time...much more excitement goes on at grandparent's houses. Don't we all know that?

*Weaning update: So obviously I didn't nurse Jadon for well over two days, and I don't intend to do it EVER again :/ but :) I've called my mom several times and asked her about this, and she gives me the same answer she gives about many child-rearing questions I have: "I can't remember, honey, that was twenty-some years ago." So for my future daughter or daughter-in-law, let me tell you my experience in one word: KNOTS! Yowza! Knots the size of golf balls! :/ I haven't really been in much pain, but I can't really touch anything either...like I mean, I can't hold Jadon next to me (trying not to be too descriptive here). I've sat with ice packs on me, and couldn't even feel them...yeah, and I'm talking about after like 30 minutes. I defrosted an entire bag of frozen cauliflower in less than 20 minutes! Massage? Warm showers? Ha! Not for me! I do, however, think the process of drying up is starting...slowly...very slowly. I was actually tempted to allow Jadon to, uh em, relieve me slightly, but I didn't...and I won't...but good gravy, when does this hard swelling state stop??? Anyone know? I read it can take like two weeks!?!

No comments:

*/ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2334/2374750084_ae6b4950c6_o.jpg); margin:0; color:$textcolor; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:$linkcolor; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:$visitedlinkcolor; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:$titlecolor; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:999px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:0px solid $bordercolor; } #header { height: 514px; width: 930px; background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2286/2248013622_00ed1be0e0_o.jpg); color:$pagetitlecolor; } #header h1 { font: $pagetitlefont; color: #800000; font-size: 500%; text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; text-align: left; margin: 0px 0px 0px 50px; max-width: 800px; } #header a { color:$pagetitlecolor; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:$pagetitlecolor; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: $descriptionfont; color: $descriptioncolor; } .ad { margin: 10px; border: 1px solid $bordercolor; text-align: center; color:$pagetitlecolor; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 999px; margin:0 auto; padding:20px; text-align:left; font: $bodyfont; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; margin:0px 10px 0px 0px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/2248023298_b5f68ba8e0_o.jpg); border: 3px solid $bordercolor; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; } .sidebar-wrapper { width: 210px; float: left; margin:0px 10px 0px 0px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/2248023298_b5f68ba8e0_o.jpg); border: 3px solid $bordercolor; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:$headerfont; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:$sidebarcolor; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted $bordercolor; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:$titlecolor; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:$titlecolor; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:$textcolor; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:$sidebarcolor; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: $postfooterfont; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid $bordercolor; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: $sidebarcolor; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: $sidebartextcolor; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted $bordercolor; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin: 0 5px 5px 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid $bordercolor; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: $postfooterfont; color: $sidebarcolor; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: $postfooterfont; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:890px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } /** Page structure tweaks for layout editor wireframe */ body#layout #header { margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; } ]]>