Jadon is OBSESSED with playing peek-a-boo lately. His favorite hide-behinds are our living room curtains, the bathroom shower curtains, cloth napkins at restaurants, and behind the couch. He literally twirls himself up into the curtain with Jamie and me yelling, "No, Jadon! No, no, no," fearing he will pull the curtain rod out of the wall. Oh my! He is so rotten! But I am beyond amused by him and absolutely adore that ornery grin :) Here is our little "curtain monster" playing with mommy last night :)

"What, Mommy? I didn't do anything."


Ducking behind the couch:



Although Jadon has been eating finger foods, like crackers and cheese for a long time now, in the last few weeks, I've been doing my best to allow him to feed himself with spoon- and fork-required foods. It is such a struggle for me to allow him to make such a mess (at least three times/day), and waste more food than he gets in his mouth, but I'm trying. To his credit, he does an excellent job with mac n' cheese and mandarin oranges :) Here he is eating oatmeal by himself for the first time a few weeks ago:

P.S. the Zyrtec that the doctor prescribed only made Jadon's "allergies" worse. The next day, after taking it, his nose started running like crazy, and his cough got even worse. We thought it was maybe "breaking up all the stuff inside him."??? Doubtful. I quit giving it to him, and now he's drying up again. Too bad I can't get $200/hour for being his mom, huh? Doctors schmocters!





No comments:
Post a Comment