Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Vroom, Nehneh-dadduh, and Fetch This, Doggy!

With all of this pregnancy fatigue, it's been harder for me to find time to blog lately. Jamie is working six days/week, mostly 10-11 hour days :/ With Jadon waking up between 7-8:00am, that makes for a very LOOONG day for Mommy. I'm behind on uploading my pics and blogging, but my house is very clean ;) I have to prioritize here, people. I don't remember the nesting phase starting in the first trimester with Jadon, but I cannot get enough done around this house lately!

Auntie Em visited us this past weekend, but I only have one pic of her with Jadon :( She did go to the pool with us once and babysat, while Jamie and I went to my doctor's appt. (can't imagine taking him with us...yikes!). Jadon did enjoy having an extra person around the house. I think he gets bored with me all of the time, so it was a nice change for him to hear someone else read his favorite books to him: I've been meaning to get a video of Jadon and his AMAZING ability to do car, motorcycle and airplane noises (yes, they're all different too), but he refuses to perform on demand...ask anyone...he's stubborn in front of the camera and looks at me like I'm speaking to him in German or something. Kind of a pain for blogging purposes :/ I was able to catch a quick clip of him "vrooming" with his cars, before he became more interested in the camera. You'll also catch a glimpse of him throwing a short tantrum, before my camera ran out of memory ;)



Jadon has also perfected the art of playing fetch with Ziggy. Poor Ziggy is getting older though, and by the time I was able to get it on film, he was too tired to chase the ball anymore. He's so patient with Jadon, and boy does Jadon deserve a little nip on the hind end for annoying him. Ziggy's too sweet to act like that though. Here he is surrendering to Jadon throwing a ball at his face, over and over again ;)

So what is a "nehneh-dadduh," you ask? Of course it's a "banana," silly! I've been trying to figure out what Jadon was saying for a few weeks now, and finally deciphered it today, when he said it, while I was holding a banana. Duh, Mommy! I'll do my best to catch it on tape, but like I said, he refuses to perform on demand. I'd also like to catch him signing "more," "thank you," and "mommy/daddy." I'll keep working on that for ya ;)

Oh yeah, and Jadon had his first non-immunization/well baby doctor's visit yesterday. He's had a slight cough for a few weeks now...maybe coughing like three times/day (that's it), mostly in the mornings. Since it has been lingering longer than I thought appropriate, I took him into his new doctor at Grand Strand Pediatrics. Unfortunately, Dr. Fam thinks Jadon has inherited his daddy's allergies :/ He prescribed Zertec once/day for 14 days, so we'll see how it goes. He goes back on June 24th for his immunizations. I cancelled his visit with Dr. Nicol (the doctor he's seen since birth) because driving all the way to Pawleys Island with the price of gas these days is just silly. Dr. Fam will serve us just fine...he's only a few miles from our house. Jadon's weigh in was a whopping 23.15 lbs.! I thought he weighed more actually, but the all of those "nehneh-dadduhs" he's eating, he's sure to get there soon ;)

P.S. If you haven't yet, or if you have forgotten, please check out Baby Salamanca's blog at www.babysalamanca.blogspot.com There is a link to the right on this page always too :)

No comments:

*/ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2334/2374750084_ae6b4950c6_o.jpg); margin:0; color:$textcolor; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:$linkcolor; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:$visitedlinkcolor; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:$titlecolor; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:999px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:0px solid $bordercolor; } #header { height: 514px; width: 930px; background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2286/2248013622_00ed1be0e0_o.jpg); color:$pagetitlecolor; } #header h1 { font: $pagetitlefont; color: #800000; font-size: 500%; text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; text-align: left; margin: 0px 0px 0px 50px; max-width: 800px; } #header a { color:$pagetitlecolor; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:$pagetitlecolor; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: $descriptionfont; color: $descriptioncolor; } .ad { margin: 10px; border: 1px solid $bordercolor; text-align: center; color:$pagetitlecolor; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 999px; margin:0 auto; padding:20px; text-align:left; font: $bodyfont; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; margin:0px 10px 0px 0px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/2248023298_b5f68ba8e0_o.jpg); border: 3px solid $bordercolor; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; } .sidebar-wrapper { width: 210px; float: left; margin:0px 10px 0px 0px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/2248023298_b5f68ba8e0_o.jpg); border: 3px solid $bordercolor; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:$headerfont; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:$sidebarcolor; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted $bordercolor; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:$titlecolor; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:$titlecolor; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:$textcolor; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:$sidebarcolor; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: $postfooterfont; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid $bordercolor; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: $sidebarcolor; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: $sidebartextcolor; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted $bordercolor; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin: 0 5px 5px 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid $bordercolor; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: $postfooterfont; color: $sidebarcolor; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: $postfooterfont; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:890px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } /** Page structure tweaks for layout editor wireframe */ body#layout #header { margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; } ]]>