Anyway, both Jamie and Jadon were there with me. Things would have likely been just fine, if they had been on schedule, but with all of the waiting, Jadon become unmanageable in the examination room. By that time, we had been there for over an hour, and the room was way too small and had WAY too many tempting things for him to try to get into (i.e. the on/off switch on the bed, the stirrups, the cabinet doors, magazine rack, outlets without protective covers, a trash can that pulled out of the cabinet...it never ended). I think Jamie was a bit bored as well because he seemed to need to inspect some of the equipment too!
Like father, like son, huh?After being in the exam room, and giving everything a test drive, he could no longer take it, so Jamie had to take him outside, just before the mid-wife made it in to listen to the heartbeat :/ I did have my camera with video options with me, so that was my only option for Jamie to get to be a part of the experience.
It took 90 minutes to be seen for a 10 minute appointment...typical, I know. She was able to find the baby's heartbeat very quickly this time, without searching at all. Last time, it took a few minutes to find, and it was way down at the lowest part of my stomach on the lefthand side. It is now only about an inch below my belly button on the righthand side :) AMAZING! I never get tired of hearing that sound :) I still can't believe it's real! This is really happening! After the doppler, I had to get some blood drawn to do tests for genetic abnormalities with the baby and to have my thyroid level tested again. She also told me that, after the baby is born, I will have to have a rubella vaccine again because I'm no longer immune...weird.
I've gained eight pounds so far...blah! They say five is average for this stage, so I shouldn't complain. I'm still walking every morning, and do try my best to eat lots of healthy foods, and always take the best prenatals I can find, along with my Omegas and the baby aspirin (until week 37). Things are going unbelievably well, to be honest. I haven't had any kind of scare...no bleeding, cramping...nothing! Unreal!Five miscarriages, bleeding with Jadon, and now nothing! SO, SO, SO awesome!!! :) Our next appt. is on Friday, September 22nd. That's when we get to find out if we're having another son or a daughter :) Now that is truly unreal!





No comments:
Post a Comment