He's 50% independent, when it comes to the potty. He loves to exclaim, "I did it," and claps, after he uses it. When he's finished, he quickly stands up and turns around to see the prize he has created...then a big grin and clapping. "I did it!" It's funny to see :)
Other signs of independence: Last night, when I asked Jadon if he wanted to watch his potty train video, he climbed into his walker seat (backwards, but he did it), while I was putting the DVD in. While Jamie was on his laptop, sitting on the couch, Jadon attempted to put the power cord into the correct hole on the thing...smarty pants! He can put on hats and shoes (only larger ones) and LOVES helping with the laundry and groceries. He assists us in putting all of the clothes away in Daddy's room and helps put all of the canned goods away in the pantry. He also likes doing this at Gramma's. He's a regular helper to Auntie Em in the laundry room, taking clothes from the washer and putting them into the dryer.
Although Jadon used to eat this organic spinach ravioli a long time ago, he really hasn't had it, since I became pregnant. I couldn't stomach the sight or smell of the stuff...yuck! Finally I am able to tolerate seeing it again, and Jadon is very happy about that. After taking his first bite at lunch yesterday, he looked at me like, "Where in the world have you been hiding this stuff? I love it!"



In other news, we battled a low grade fever this week (high temp. of 101.5), due to some stubborn top molars that are likely causing an ear ache or possible infection. We decided the "watch and wait" route might be best for a few days, and thankfully we did. We gave Jadon lots of orange, apple and pear juice and alternated Motrin and Tylenol for his fever. After two days, he was all better :) Still no new teeth yet, and I'm sure they're still coming soon, since he's drooling a little more here and there, and likes to randomly take a bite at the couch??? What in the world??? Mommy and Daddy will be soooo happy, when teething is OVER for good. Waking up to a fussy toddler every few hours is not so much fun, especially when you're pregnant :/ I think we're both looking forward to the day, when he's independent enough to put himself to bed and get up in the middle of the night to get himself some juice...okay, not really, but uninterrupted sleep sounds soooo dreamy...ahhhh.





No comments:
Post a Comment