Jadon was a trooper today! Well, actually he was a blue monster (so fitting), but he did such a great job out on the Halloween trail tonight! We left the house around 6pm, and made it back around 7:30pm. Though we took the stroller with us, he walked most of the time, and the rest of the time, his pregnant mommy carried him (what a task at 24lbs!). Here are some of the highlights:
After collecting his first piece of candy from our neighbors, Lorie and Gene:
He LOVED this skeleton puppy:
In fact, he loved all of the lights and displays of Halloween ghosts, jack-o-lanterns, and ghouls. He especially fell in love with a lady's Jack Russell terrier that had a pumpkin costume on. He actually cried, when we had to leave her driveway, and could have cared less about any candy she gave him. He didn't much care for this guy though:
When we got back to our house, Gramma and Grandpa were ready to hang up their candy duties. Before they left, Jadon sat on Grandpa's lap and enjoyed some of his treats (i.e teddy grahams and pretzels).
We saved eating the good stuff for after they left ;) On a whim, I decided I'd let Jadon have a few of the mini Oreos from the small pack he got in his Elmo bucket. As you can see, the kid doesn't have much experience eating the "bad" stuff, otherwise, he'd know better than to play peek-a-boo, wasting the Oreo that was on his hands by getting it stuck on his head! Silly monster!

Of course, no sooner than you finished that last Oreo and your milk, you pooped and had to have a major scrubbing down, courtesy of Daddy :)It was so much fun for your Daddy and me to experience another of your many firsts with you tonight, Jadon. You made us laugh, when you blew kisses goodbye to some of the neighbors and did the sign for "thank you" to others. Many times throughout the night you tried to exchange one piece of candy in your hand for another in the next driveway's basket of goodies. And it was pretty funny to hear Daddy say, "Why didn't you get that Butterfinger at that one house," when we were on our way home. HAHA! Then I responded to him, "I guess the same reason you didn't get me a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup at that other house!" We laughed and blamed you, since you were the one doing the choosing. How aweful of us! At least you got your pretzel, cracker, and Teddy Graham packs :)
Because your costume wasn't any official character, we had many guesses at to what you actually were: cookie monster (with horns???), a blue cow (hmmm...nice guess, I suppose), a Duke blue devil (sorry, no Zorro mask). Honestly we didn't really put much thought into what EXACTLY your costume was. We just knew, when we saw it, that it SCREAMED Jadon! You were tonight, and always will be Mommy and Daddy's little monster :)





3 comments:
he is so so so cute! love him! wish he would have been a trick or treater at my house :)
I really loved seeing him! Thanks for your great blogs. P.s. I think you are an excellent Mother and If I don't get to see you soon, I'm gonna be an angry monster. I love how you Write to Jadon sometimes. :) I think you Rock! PLEASE kiss Jadon, Jamie, and the belly (how hilarious would that look) of baby Kenya! ;)
LOVE YOU! Really I do! J
I LOVE you! And Jadon is the cutest thing EVER!!!
P.S. I am blogging now. For real this time :)
Post a Comment