Today's appointment could have been a mess, let me tell you. I thought for sure we were supposed to be there at 10am. After waiting for about 15 minutes, the receptionist informed me that my appt. wasn't until 3pm! She said they would try to work me in (thank God because it is 35 minutes from our house). Let me just say that, for a 19-month-old, Jadon was a trooper. Jamie and I did our best to plan for a long wait, taking cereal and a banana for a snack, two sets of flashcards, and a few other things for him to play with. Other than climbing on and off the couch I was sitting on about 30 times, he was REALLY good. Around 11am (yes, an hour after our arrival!), he fell down, but didn't hurt himself, instead he got embarrassed??? It was a delayed reaction, and he looked at me as if he couldn't stand the thought of seeing anyone else in the waiting room :/ His eyes welled up with tears, and I sat him on my lap.
Honestly, I wish I had taken a picture of what happened next. Jadon is not the kind of toddler who wants to be held. Although he is VERY affectionate, he's super independent. I think he has only fallen asleep on my lap twice in the last six months. He was so sweet in the office though. I could have cried about it, to be honest. The entire time he was laying against my chest (sitting up with one leg on each side of my belly), Macy was moving around like crazy. It was such an awesome moment for me as their mommy. I knew Jadon could definitely feel my belly moving against his face and chest. He was the calmest I've ever seen him in months. He let me stroke his hair and pat his back, and then he started to get heavy eyes. Ninety percent of the time, Jadon has to fall asleep with his hand down the neck of mine or Jamie's shirt (usually putting his hand in my armpit (who knows?), so that's what he attempted to do in the waiting area. It reminded me of the days I used to nurse him to sleep...
I try not to think about how I'm not going to be able to give Jadon my undivided attention. It makes me sad sometimes to think that he will ever feel neglected or jealous of the attention Macy will require. I try to think of ways I will include him in nearly every task I have to do with her. I daydream of ways I will give him my undivided attention at some point each day, allowing Jamie to take Macy away, so we can play with his favorite flashcards or go kick a soccer ball together in the yard.
I've rambled enough for now...Macy, I hope you know how much I love you and can't wait for you to get here. You will soon become the "baby" of the family, and the dynamics will certainly change, which is fine. A new baby always brings such joy to a home :) Jadon, we love you more than you can imagine, and even though you won't be the "baby" of the family by age, you will ALWAYS be Mommy's baby, my first born, my big boy, my little man.
P.S. Macy, Jadon said that is the LAST time you will ever be able to kick him in the face without any retaliation ;)
And here are the ultrasound pics from our last appt. The top pic is a side view. You can clearly see those HUGE lips of Macy's in this pic...nose, then BIG lips! The bottom pic is a frontal view. If you haven't seen an ultrasound pic ever or in a long time, I know they can be hard to read...especially if you are not a Mama ;) The best way to see the face is to look for the black dots inside of the big, white image...those are the eyes, then you can hopefully tell from there :) (In the top pic, you can only see her left eye---side view. In the bottom pic, you can only clearly see her right eye---frontal view.)






No comments:
Post a Comment