Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sicker than a Bulldog

The same day our family from CA left, Jamie, Macy and I traveled to Athens, GA. Jamie had an interview there the next day (July 31st). They put him in a hotel for two nights, so Macy and I went with him (6 hrs each way), while Jadon stayed back with Auntie Em, Gramma and Grandpa.

While we were thankful for the opportunity to interview and had fun seeing the sights in a new city, it was no fun at all to be away from Jadon. I cannot tell you how thankful we were that we made the decision to leave him back though because I ended up getting sick Thursday night. When I say sick, I mean like I threw up the most I think I ever have in my life. While I laid in bed, I had so much anxiety thinking how in the world I would nurse Macy even one more minute. I kept picturing Jamie having to carry Macy into his interview in the morning.

I wondered if it was going to be God's plan to get a sympathy vote for him, you know, carrying a crying baby into the interview, wearing a new suit with snot and slobber all over him. I could hear him explaining how she will soon starve because she is breastfed and her mother is back at the hotel dying from some aweful food poisoning she got from the protein powder in her sugar-free vanilla latte from Starbucks on the way there. He'd then tell them of her inability to eat solid food and unwillingness to drink from a bottle. Poor thing. I could see the interviewer and her staff oohing and ahhing over Macy, as they placed the "Super Dad" cape around their new Administrator-in-Training's neck.

As I laid there, clinging to my life, begging God for mercy (okay, so I'm being a bit dramatic), I thought to myself, "I'll do it, God. I'll take this one for my team. Jamie needs and wants this job. I'm willing to be so sick and send Macy wailing into the interview with him, in order to secure this opportunity." Well, thanks to three extra-strength Tylenol (because I had a SEVERE headache, bodyaches, and a FEVER!), taken ONE at a time, since I'm nursing(!!)...and also thanks to spewing everything I had eaten and drank in...oh, I don't know, a month...I felt OKAY enough by morning to care for Macy. Ahhh! I should write for All My Children, yes?

Jamie went to his interview at 3pm, was back around 4:30pm, and we were able to drive around Athens and investigate areas we might like to call our temporary home, grabbed some decent Chinese at the mall (which is not as nice as I thought, but did have a Macy's), and stopped at a HUGE Starbucks, before calling it a night. In the morning, we went to the most awesome local coffee shop. They have tons of organic foods and drinks, vegan pastries, and the cutest brick patio out front with umbrella seating. We could see ourselves having breakfast here on Saturday mornings for a while :) We grabbed a treat for everyone back home, and then went to tour the downtown area that is home to the UGA campus. I thought Myrtle Beach was humid! Ha! We were dripping wet within 10 minutes, but snapped lots of pics, before Belle fell asleep in the stroller and then we headed home.

We got a bit off track on the way back, and passed a place you will NOT likely see on the Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives anytime soon..."The Possummm Grille and Cafe" (or something like that) in Rayle, GA (yes, Rayle). We were both annoyed to be so far in the backwoods of nowhere, to say the least. Jamie was ready to toss the GPS out the window, when it told us to turn right in 500 feet onto a road that didn't exist...but we figured it out, thanks to my mom, and we made it back to our baby boy after only 7 hours on the road. Looong time with a nursing 6 month old, but we would definitely do it all again. Too bad we had to return that sweet '09 Camary we rented for the trip.

I really could have skipped all of that and said, "Here are some pics from our trip to Athens, GA a few weeks ago. Jamie had an interview, and we hope to hear something by next week. A few in-house people have decided they wanted a chance at the position, but thankfully, even if he doesn't get it, God is still good and we may have a backup plan in NC." :)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Athens, GA

Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

No comments:

*/ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2334/2374750084_ae6b4950c6_o.jpg); margin:0; color:$textcolor; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:$linkcolor; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:$visitedlinkcolor; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:$titlecolor; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:999px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:0px solid $bordercolor; } #header { height: 514px; width: 930px; background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2286/2248013622_00ed1be0e0_o.jpg); color:$pagetitlecolor; } #header h1 { font: $pagetitlefont; color: #800000; font-size: 500%; text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; text-align: left; margin: 0px 0px 0px 50px; max-width: 800px; } #header a { color:$pagetitlecolor; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:$pagetitlecolor; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: $descriptionfont; color: $descriptioncolor; } .ad { margin: 10px; border: 1px solid $bordercolor; text-align: center; color:$pagetitlecolor; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 999px; margin:0 auto; padding:20px; text-align:left; font: $bodyfont; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; margin:0px 10px 0px 0px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/2248023298_b5f68ba8e0_o.jpg); border: 3px solid $bordercolor; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; } .sidebar-wrapper { width: 210px; float: left; margin:0px 10px 0px 0px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/2248023298_b5f68ba8e0_o.jpg); border: 3px solid $bordercolor; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:$headerfont; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:$sidebarcolor; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted $bordercolor; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:$titlecolor; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:$titlecolor; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:$textcolor; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:$sidebarcolor; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: $postfooterfont; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid $bordercolor; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: $sidebarcolor; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: $sidebartextcolor; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted $bordercolor; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin: 0 5px 5px 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid $bordercolor; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: $postfooterfont; color: $sidebarcolor; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: $postfooterfont; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:890px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } /** Page structure tweaks for layout editor wireframe */ body#layout #header { margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; } ]]>