He loves, loves, LOVES his baby sister, Macy Bleu...or was that "Bleuzer Doozer, Twinkle Toes, Pachoochuk, Bleubelle"...you get the point ;) He doesn't like to be without her, and refuses to take a bath, unless she is in the tub with him.
He also likes playing with Macy, though in typical older sibling fashion, it is on his terms. He wants her to be right beside him, but he wants to choose the toys she can have. We must threaten to and/or take away certain toys several times a day because he whines and cries, when she approaches things he sees as off limits. It is a challenge having kids this close in age, especially when Macy finds his motorized cars on the tracks so enticing. Lightning McQueen going around and around is all Jadon wants to do for hours everyday, but Macy doesn't get the concept of just watching. She prefers to sit on the track and put Lightning in her mouth ;)
Here is a clip of Jadon assisting me in removing Macy from the track. He's a great...ummm...help?? I also find it funny that he tells me he'll get her because "she's bein bad." Promise to goodness, we really don't ever refer to behavior as bad. I just don't like that label, so I'm not sure why he referred to her that way, so I found it funny.
Nice, huh? haha Poor, poor Macy. It's funny what has become normal or tolerated by us sometimes scares the grandparents who aren't around it from day to day. There really isn't an hour that goes by that Jadon doesn't pick Macy up, remove her from an area, hug her a bit too tight, etc. I was surprised, when I saw Gramma and Grandpa's reaction to Jadon picking Macy up the other night. I think Macy was too. She looked like, "What? I'm tough. I put up with more than this everyday." I sooo wish I had a clip of her getting mad at him and yelling with a serious look on her face. Hilarious!
Anyway...back to the big boy. He has an AWESOME routine down from which we rarely stray. He wakes up around 7:30am, breakfast (usually oats 'n toast, cereal w/banana, or egg n' toast), playing, some PBS kids, more playing, 12pm lunch (quesadilla w/sour cream and tomatoes, pb & apple butter sandwich, Kashi pizza, Annie's mac n' cheese, grilled cheese, or broccoli and something), then he almost always does #2 before his nap at 12:30, which lasts three hours. When he wakes, he usually watches a video and plays and has a snack or a very early dinner. Sometimes a snack and dinner are reveresed, but he always has both after naptime at some point. After a 7pm snack or late dinner, he gets a bath with Macy, then plays in his room, brushes his teeth, reads books, then prayers and lights out around 9-9:30pm.
We are working on an earlier bedtime...maybe 8:30pm, but it just seems there is so much to do with each of them that the clock gets the best of us. It does help that Jamie has been putting Macy to sleep for the last month, which usually happens between 8-8:30pm. I am responsible for Jadon's entire nightly routine, which seems to drag on for 30-45 minutes sometimes. He had decided a few weeks ago that he would like to spend 15-20 min. on the potty, before bedtime. Brother! The challenging thing was that he WAS actually going #2 again every. single. night! I think we've moved passed that...fingers crossed!
Jadon has exhibited more and more pretend play, creative play and many more independent thoughts this past month. He told me to "look at all these octagons," when he was eating cucumbers one day. He was pretending to "make eggs and toast" with blocks from Macy's Sillytown a few days ago, and even told me he had to "put 'em in the oven and cook 'em" in the little garage-like compartment. Yesterday, out of nowhere, he told Jamie, "Daddy, heesa wantsa go to da mall." ahahaha He has yet to give a response to the question, "Why?" I assume he wanted to ride rides or something. Silly boy.
He can still count to 20, knows all of his upper- and lower-case letters, can recite at least 10 of his books, can tell us all about baby Jesus (born to Joseph and Mary, is God's Son, born in Bethlehem in a manger, etc.), LOVES reading his Bible and learning about Jesus (also via his many Christmas DVDs). He'll tell us he wants to "watch baby Jesus," several times/week.
He loves outside, helping Daddy make coffee, emptying the dishwasher, putting groceries away from the store (though he doesn't yet get that cold things don't go in the pantry and boxes of pasta don't go in the fridge) haha :P He likes playing with their kitchen set that Mackenzie brought to them from WV (thank you, thank you, thank you) :)
We have moved his toddler bed back into our bedroom, and both Jamie and I love having him nestled snug within eyesight of us...co-dependent? Maybe, but he's growing up sooo fast :( I may even be guilty of picking him up from his bed and moving him into bed with me that last few nights, so sue me.
He is just the right amount of independent for me, I suppose. He will leave the house with any family member at the drop of a hat, yet calls for "mama," when he is scared or hurt. He could hang with his "Lisa and Grandpa" all day without missing Jamie or me at all, though he will ask, "Where's Sister," a million and one times :D
He is always in trouble for taking his Geotrax apart and for peeling stickers of of his cars. He fed a piece of cat food to Macy a few weeks ago, and knew very well what he was doing. He has an ornery rotten look about him, and giggles to no end, when he's done something he shouldn't. He runs and cries, when we suggest he have to "go to bed," instead of timeout. He runs and sits on his butt, when we threaten a spanking. Jamie and I have to leave rooms or cover our faces to keep from laughing at his antics. He is our wild man, such a challenge, such a sweetheart, so funny, such a comedian, a goofball, such a 31-month-old boy!





No comments:
Post a Comment