I'm so SUPER EXCITED!!! Not one, but two awesome couples we know and love got engaged this past week! You know what that means, don't you??? I get to take off my elastic waist pants and get dressed up...in REAL clothes!!! ;) Kidding...sometimes I do actually wear jeans, you know. Anyway, I digress...
Couple #1: Jamie's brother Allen and his girlfriend Lily got engaged, during a weekend trip to Las Vegas!!! Yay! I don't know all of the details because I was painting bathroom walls, when Jamie was on the phone last night. I do know it happened in front of the Eiffel Tower :)
Allen and Lily started dating long before I came into the picture, so I can't tell you everything about their relationship, but I do know that they are best friends. They met at Disneyland 10 years ago, and are pretty much inseperable. They celebrated their time together this past summer by traveling to France...and Euro-Disney, of course ;) According to Jamie, they may be pushing for a date this coming August, and plan to hold the reception at California Adventures, a Disney theme park. I'm sooo excited for them!
One thing is certain, Allen and Lily have more fun together than any couple I've ever met. They're always laughing and taking pictures together wherever they go. She's the yin to his yang ;) Can't wait til Jadon has a baby cousin to visit in California...hint, hint ;) Oh yeah, and Jamie is going to be the best man, which I think made him feel very proud. We love you both so much! Congratulations!!! (We'd love to have any details you care to share, Lily, so comment away!)
Allen and Lily are on the far left:

Couple #2 (I feel like Chuck Woolery on Newlyweds): Our awesome friend Tara Newcomb got engaged this past Sunday at our former church in Morgantown, WV! Jamie and I met Tara, while working with the high school ministry at Chestnut Ridge. She and her sister Tiffany are two of my favorite people in the world!
She and her fiance, Jamie, (LOVE that!) started dating this past October...yeah, like a few months ago. We were actually visiting in Morgantown and were able to have sushi with them, when they had only been dating for about four days. Can you believe I didn't get any pictures??? Oh yeah, I know why...because my four month old son was throwing the BIGGEST freakin' fit of his life thus far ;) I'm so thankful that we were able to meet her Jamie back then though. And now, he's going to be her husband?!?!? So excited for you, Tara!
And since Tara now has a blog, you can actually read all about her proposal and see the video that her Jamie put together for her that was played on the jumbo screens at the church! A link to her blog is on the righthand side (over there)------->
Tara, me, and Tiff (ridiculous fun everytime I'm with them):
In other, not so exciting news...we're STILL painting! We still have yet to finish the bedrooms and bathrooms...ugh! Honest to goodness, we've been working all of the time. We didn't get home until 11pm last night, and Jamie left before 8am this morning to go back to the house :/ The good news is that Grandpa Wally is FINALLY back from Afghanistan!!! Yay! So we have an extra set of hands now :) Emily's friend Kayce is supposed to help out after work today too...so thankful for that! I'd post the pics we have so far, but I'd rather do before and afters, when we're completely finished. Stay tuned!
P.S. For my lovely sister Emily and my favorite friend Michelle, (and really all of our other single friends) remember this scripture:
Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart. --- Psalm 37:4
God's going to provide you both with wonderful husbands one day very soon because you know Jadon wants to be a professional ring bearer ;)
P.P.S. Here are some shots from this week and one that I can't resist posting any longer. Enjoy!
Gramma watching Jadon in his cage/play yard in the spare bedroom:
Jamie on his favorite new ladder:






2 comments:
you are so sweet! love your freaking life!!!!!
You are pretty freakin cool. Love how you love people! :) Also, that last pic of jadon in the hat...i want to frame that! SO pimp! And Jamie's favorite ladder...how cute is he all paintin in a hat and loafers. He is such a cool dad! I love ya'll!!!!
Post a Comment