This morning was a bit surreal for me. I had one of those moments, when I thought, "Is this really my life???" Jadon and I woke up early and started to take our usual morning walk, but I thought I'd rather just take him to the pool early this morning, before the sun was too bright. So at around 9:45am, after breakfast, I loaded up the stroller with all of the essentials (a cooler with milk, water and a snack, beach towels, sunscreen, cell phone, baby float, and a toy boat, of course). It was miserably muggy and humid, and I couldn't wait to get in the pool. Now how excited was I when we walked thru the gates to find that we had the ENTIRE pool (seen below) all to ourselves...just me and my baby??? Yay! :) Wonder if that will ever happen again.
Needless to say, I felt truly blessed to have complete peace and quiet (a very rare occasion) in the pool (an even rarer occasion) with Jadon. We had a blast! It was over 30 minutes before the next person came in, and she was a grandma who was so nice to talk to (and she was from Wheeling, WV!). So, so, so thankful :) I thought about so many people who have helped me have the life I have: Jamie, his parents, my parents, etc. They have all played a MAJOR role in my being a stay-at-home mommy to Jadon, and I thanked God for each of you even more than usual this morning, as I looked around at this blessed life I have---all completely undeserved---really! But I truly am so very thankful :)
Needless to say, I felt truly blessed to have complete peace and quiet (a very rare occasion) in the pool (an even rarer occasion) with Jadon. We had a blast! It was over 30 minutes before the next person came in, and she was a grandma who was so nice to talk to (and she was from Wheeling, WV!). So, so, so thankful :) I thought about so many people who have helped me have the life I have: Jamie, his parents, my parents, etc. They have all played a MAJOR role in my being a stay-at-home mommy to Jadon, and I thanked God for each of you even more than usual this morning, as I looked around at this blessed life I have---all completely undeserved---really! But I truly am so very thankful :)
After lunch and a nap, I decided to cut the watermelon my mom brought us this weekend. Jadon wasn't so sure about it at first...
"Do I roll it?"
"I get to EAT it?"
"Yummy!"






No comments:
Post a Comment