The Where and the What: Jamie and I were in California visiting his family. I had gone to the doctor for an ultrasound for my third pregnancy a few days before we left. We were expecting to see a heartbeat and our 10 week old baby/fetus, but instead received several ultrasounds in one day, only to confirm the baby had died in utero. The miscarriage process had started, but I had yet to begin bleeding. The baby only measured about 7 1/2 weeks and was abnormally shaped, so they assured us that a miscarriage was imminent. We opted again not to do a D&C, instead allowing things to happen naturally, as to avoid any possible scar tissue. We waited, and waited...and got on a plane to CA...cramping ensued, and by that evening I began having the absolute worst cramps and bleeding I have EVER had. It was AWEFUL! I literally passed blog clots the size of oranges...many of them. I feared I would hemorrage a few times, and debated going to the ER. I honestly could not get off of the toilet for 20 minutes at a time. Scary stuff.
We waited it out because they say you are only hemorraging, if you are bleeding like that for two hours at a time, so I just laid there on my in-laws couch taking Tylenol, praying the bleeding would stop soon. I did my best to have a normal vacation, and it honestly did help that we were in CA with family, rather than in Morgantown by ourselves dealing with this. A few days after Christmas, (while I was still bleeding severely), we headed to Vegas with Jamie's mom, Grandma Vicky, and Justin. We met Justin's mom there, and spent a few days shopping and seeing the sights. The bleeding was far from fun, but what else could I do...lay on the couch for a week? I had done this before, and knew it would be over soon enough...and it was by the time we hopped a plane back to WV. Thankfully Grandma was babysitting an adorable named Maddie at the time who helped keep my spirits up ;)
Me and Maddie:
Laguna Beach
FAO Schwartz @ Caesar's Palace in Vegas
Tao Restaurant @ the Venetian in Vegas
My uncle Steve (who lives in CA) visiting us at Jamie's parent's
Christmas 2006
The Where and the What: Back in CA, 4 months pregnant (after TWO more miscarriages!), no longer a blonde, and Maddie had a little brother named Eli :) What a difference a year made!
Shopping @ South Coast Plaza for maternity clothes :) Second trimester for the 1st time ever! :)
Jamie and Papa Dom bonding over a Dungeness crabfest
Downtown Disney with Allen & Lily
Christmas 2007
The Where and the What: Living in Myrtle Beach with our 7 month old baby boy!!! Although our Christmases in CA were so much fun, and we missed being with Jamie's family very much, we LOVED spending a few days at Gramma's house in our PJs doing nothing but loving our new baby on his first Christmas :) Jamie and I feel truly blessed to have been surrounded by family (be it mine or his) every year at Christmas time. We always know we are loved and have more than one place to call home. Thank you Mama Dorie, Papa Dom, Mom and Wally! One of these years, we're going to have to coordinate a Christmas that we can all spend together. Next year? Hawaii? with little Macy? Whatta ya say?





No comments:
Post a Comment