Aunt Suzy and Uncle Chris left today to go back to WV. They were here for the entire week. Neither of them had seen me pregnant before, and I'm guessing by the reflection I see in the mirror, it was quite a sight to behold ;) I'm growing sooo much! (That might have something to do with the eating contests my uncle Chris and I had on a near-daily basis!!! Thanks for all of the no bake cookies and galettes, Gramma!!! Geez!) I know I say it all of the time, but I'm really ready to have this baby on the outside...just two more weeks, and she'll be full-term...but likely won't make her debut for another 4-5 :/
I just don't do well with pregnancy. I DESPISE the weight gain, I'm overly emotional and irritable, the heartburn could bring me to tears at times, and...well I just don't care for it at all. They were watching the movie Click at my mom's last night, and I thought about my views on pregnancy and how much I wish I could fast forward the process a little. The point of the movie (and with life, in general) is that we should enjoy the journey and blessings of each day, and I do honestly, but when it comes to the process of pregnancy, I surely struggle. I know it would be wrong of me to want to miss seeing my belly move or see Jadon kiss and talk to my belly one more time. I know Macy will be here soon enough, but I do think I might skip the last few weeks, if given the chance :/ I just wish there was a way to have a baby, have lots of energy, not gain weight, have my feet hurt, have heartburn 24 hours/day, and lay anyway I want to when I sleep. Blah! Okay...enough!
It was nice to have family visit this week, for them to experience a change of scenery and weather (it was in the 70s several days!). The best was for them to see Jadon and get to know him more. The last time they saw him, he was only 4 1/2 months old, so a lot has changed. They were OVERLY generous with their gift to me and Jamie. We used some of the money to buy clothes for next winter for Jadon and Macy, and have money left over to buy a case of diapers for each of them. We are truly blessed to have people who love and care about us so much, even when they have less than we do. Of course, I cried, when I opened their card (1) because I'm an emotional mess at the drop of a hat and (2) they really do have less than us :/ I just always pray that Jamie and I can be at a point in life one day to help them more...to send my uncle Chris money to fix up his house...or go to WV and actually help him do the work.
And to Mama Dorie, Papa Dom, my mom and Wally: I cannot even begin to write about how grateful we are for all that you do for us on a weekly, if not daily basis...be it spending time with Jadon, sending him gifts in the mail, or offering to buy him bananas at the store, while you're out...we are SO VERY thankful! We honestly know how blessed we are to have the family we have and know how hard life would be without your love and support. We will do all we can to help take care of each of you one day as well.
Macy, you are going to be born into one of the most loving and supportive (yet very small) families a baby girl could ask for. Always be thankful for that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment