Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Wrath of Bill

If you've been watching the Weather Channel, you may have seen that Hurricane Bob is producing some massive wind and waves on the East Coast. We went out last night to see just how big the waves were and watch some of the daring surfers. The warm wind was sooooo nice!


I CANNOT love this little face anymore. My heart melts at the sight of him!

Jadon had fun playing in the sand and picking up shells. Since the tide was so high, there really wasn't much beach left, but Jadon had fun anyway. He's always happy to have Mackenzie at his side (she's in our house permanently now, by the way) :)

While I was snapping a few pics of her on the beach, Jamie was walking Macy just a few feet away with Macy in the Baby Bjorn, and Jadon was playing in the sand at his side. All of the sudden, a wave rushed the shore out of nowhere and knocked Jadon down. Another wave quickly came and the current was so strong, it started to drag him away. My heart is starting to race, as I type this! I assure you, this was no life or death situation, but the experience shook me in my soul.

To say I went into Mama Bear mode would be an understatement. All three of us, Jamie, Mackenzie and I, scrambled to grab him as he was crying and struggling to gain his ground again. It was aweful. Absolutely aweful. And to be honest, I am reminded again how small I am. How much more I need to rely on God. How short this life really is, and how much more thankful I need to be for every, single minute I have to parent these incredible little people who call me Mommy. :( I cannot imagine how people cope with the loss of a child. I need to pray more for them. Thank you, God, that I have this day with my babies. I love them so.

Wondering what in the heck just happened: Thinking he doesn't care to battle the Atlantic ever again :/
Thankful. My sweet baby.
Parenthood is such a joy, but my goodness the heartache of it!

No comments:

*/ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2334/2374750084_ae6b4950c6_o.jpg); margin:0; color:$textcolor; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:$linkcolor; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:$visitedlinkcolor; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:$titlecolor; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:999px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:0px solid $bordercolor; } #header { height: 514px; width: 930px; background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2286/2248013622_00ed1be0e0_o.jpg); color:$pagetitlecolor; } #header h1 { font: $pagetitlefont; color: #800000; font-size: 500%; text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; text-align: left; margin: 0px 0px 0px 50px; max-width: 800px; } #header a { color:$pagetitlecolor; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:$pagetitlecolor; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: $descriptionfont; color: $descriptioncolor; } .ad { margin: 10px; border: 1px solid $bordercolor; text-align: center; color:$pagetitlecolor; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 999px; margin:0 auto; padding:20px; text-align:left; font: $bodyfont; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; margin:0px 10px 0px 0px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/2248023298_b5f68ba8e0_o.jpg); border: 3px solid $bordercolor; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; } .sidebar-wrapper { width: 210px; float: left; margin:0px 10px 0px 0px; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ background-image: url(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/2248023298_b5f68ba8e0_o.jpg); border: 3px solid $bordercolor; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:$headerfont; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:$sidebarcolor; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted $bordercolor; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:$titlecolor; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:$titlecolor; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:$textcolor; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:$sidebarcolor; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: $postfooterfont; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid $bordercolor; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: $sidebarcolor; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: $sidebartextcolor; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted $bordercolor; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin: 0 5px 5px 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid $bordercolor; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: $postfooterfont; color: $sidebarcolor; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: $postfooterfont; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:890px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } /** Page structure tweaks for layout editor wireframe */ body#layout #header { margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; } ]]>