Macy turned nine months old last week. If I had known how much I would love this baby girl, I would not have been able to contain my joy on the day I gave birth to her. I would have floated away from my hospital bed and landed on the moon. She is just so sweet, adorable and cuddly...and such a Mama's girl :)
If I would have written this two weeks ago, I would have written about her intense stranger anxiety, how she is overly fussy from teething (that obviously produces no teeth), that she has started dancing and making airplane noices while attempting to fly them in the air with her tiny hands, and how she hates eating anything from a spoon.
Two weeks later, she still prefers whole black beans and smashed veggie burger to pureed fruits, but she has truly perfected her airplane noises and her dancing skills. She is already learning that nearly everyone is a stranger and Mama is always there to keep her safe, and though she is still toothless, she doesn't seem to be quite as fussy.
If you are a parent you know there are cues your baby gives you, just before they poop. I remember Jadon used to go behind the couch haha, and I'm fairly certain every baby gets unusually quiet, just before they go. I did my best to catch Macy's poop stance, but really only half captured it. She always gets into an almost crawling position, but keeps one knee down and puts one up in the air. She only pauses for about 15-30 seconds, her eyebrows sometimes turn red, she's super quiet, then she's off crawling again haha. Baby poop faces are the funniest thing to watch! :)
Focusing:
"Nobody saw that did they?"
With her best buddy and idol:
Eating frozen fruit in her teething feeder:Our baby girl is growing up so fast! This morning Jamie said she already feels and acts like a toddler. I have to say, as much as I will miss her sweet baby ways, I do like her newfound independence she has, while playing with Jadon these days. She no longer cries everytime I walk into and out of a room...sometimes she would prefer to hang with her brother and play. Hopefully we can find some toys that are a good balance for both of them. I don't so much care for Jadon reverting back to playing with baby blocks or Macy putting Matchbox cars with such tiny wheels into her mouth. Maybe this will suffice as a Christmas present they can share :)
***UPDATED 11/10:
Macy has now started to play cars with Jadon, and can already take Matchbox cars one-by-one and roll it down the ramp of Jadon's garage hahahaha How stinkin' cute! Below that clip is some updated airplane play :)





No comments:
Post a Comment